Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cruise ship specialty restaurants


During my various cruises, I have tired a number of the various specialty restaurants aboard the ships. These are venues that offer an alternative, usually luxury, dining experience for a cover charge above the price of the cruise.

Since they are becoming increasing popular, the cruise lines are putting more of these alternative restaurants on the ships. As such, they are an important part of the cruise experience the various lines are trying to present. Consequently, the topic of specialty restaurants often comes up in the interviews that I do with the ship’s officers.

This week, I thought I would put together an article that focuses on the specialty restaurants and which talks about why the cruise lines have incorporated them into their cruise program. To this end, I have drawn upon my interviews and have included comments by various officers. In addition, I thought I would go a step further and talk about some of the specialty restaurants that I have tried and liked during the last year. These include restaurants on Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Queen Mary 2, Carnival Splendor and Celebrity Solstice.

I also thought it would be an idea to have links in the article to the menus of these restaurants. That way, if a restaurant sounds interesting the reader can click and see what that restaurant actually offers.My article on cruise ship specialty restaurants appears at http://beyondships.com/Cruise-articles-specialty-restaurants.html

No comments: