Sunday, August 9, 2009

Carnival Triumph Photo Tour and Hotel Director Interview

Some ships just have a good feel about them. I immediately noticed such a feeling when I went aboard Carnival Triumph a couple of years ago to get the material to create a Carnival Triumph section for the website. I am happy to say that that feeling was still there this year when I went back to Triumph this summer.

Triumph was one of the first Destiny class ships. It has been a very successful design and has been used for a flock of ships for both Carnival Cruise Lines and Costa Cruises since then. Of course, the design has developed in the ten years since Triumph went into service. However, Triumph has been upgraded over the years so that she has most but not all of the features of the most recent Destiny class ships.

What gives Triumph a good feeling is not so much the amenities but rather the crew. I spoke with Hotel Director Stewart Howard who is a Triumph veteran and he immediately attributed Triumph’s continued success to the team that has developed over the years on the ship. Friendliness and competence is what I found.

As a result of my recent cruise on Triumph, I was able to completely redo the photo tour of Triumph on the site. It has many new photos and a page showing some of the areas that have changed on the ship. It begins at http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalTriumph-Tour-1a.html In addition, I have added my interview with Mr. Howard to the site. http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalTriumph-art-HD.html
Finally, there are copies of new Carnival Capers and new menus as well as other information about the ship on the Triumph Profile Page. http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalTriumph-profile.html

No comments: